Recreational Sports strives to provide a family friendly environment. Anyone holding a current membership can bring immediate family members (spouse/partner and children under 18) who have been declared on their membership application for no additional charge during family hours (limited to one spouse/partner and dependents). Students paying the dedicated fee can add family members to their membership by stopping by the RPAC Welcome Center.
Family members must remain with the sponsoring member at all times while using Rec Sports facilities. Families will have access to the following spaces during the days and times indicated below:
Rec Sports Family Hours*
May Session/Summer Term/Break Hours (May 10-August 21)
Friday: 5:30 a.m. to midnight
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 10 to 5 p.m.
RPAC Aquatic Center
Not available this summer due to pool maintenance.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to noon
Sunday: 8 a.m. to noon
Saturday: 2 - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 2 - 6 p.m.
Closed for the summer.
Additional family hours will be held on university holidays and academic break weeks:
Veteran's Day (Observed)
Winter Break Week
New Year's Eve
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Spring Break Week
Learn more about family programs.
Other Family Friendly Rec Sports Activities
- Fred Beekman Park - walking track, softball fields (may be reserved at times), playground
- Disc Golf Course - Discs can be checked out at Jesse Owens West Tennis Center and Fred Beekman Park Shelter
- Tennis Courts - racquets and junior racquets can be checked out with a membership card/BuckID at the Women's Field house or the RPAC Sport Shop. Balls available for purchase.
- Lincoln Tower Park Turf/Fields - play kickball, soccer or football
- RPAC - racquetball, basketball, volleyball and game room. Racquets, basketballs, volleyballs, and game equipement can be checked out with a membership card/BuckID at RPAC Sport Shop. Raquetballs and table tennis balls available for purchase.
- ARC/OAC - turf fields, basketball/volleyball and climbing center
Access to Fitness Equipment during Family Hours
Young adults 14 years or older can use the fitness centers and equipment on their own. If under 18, they are strongly encouraged to complete an equipment orientation session prior to using the fitness equipment. Youths 14 years and older can sign up for fitness orientation classes at the RPAC Welcome Center. Members under the age of 14 are not allowed to use the fitness equipment.
*All hours and facilities are subject to change. Additional hours may be available during breaks and summer